Learn more about Petworth
Petworth is a friendly, residential neighborhood with a sense of calm in the midst of a bustling city. It is a true community in which residents look out for each other. Noted for its social interaction and diverse, kid-friendly environment, Petworth boasts a rich connection to a historic past.
- President Lincoln’s cottage
- Petworth Jazz Project
- Celebrate Petworth Festival
- Upshur Street Art and Craft Festival
- Local Socials (Grant Circle, Sherman Circle, SouthWest Petworth)
- Armed Forces Retirement Home
A Little History:
Formerly owned by John Tayloe, III considered the wealthiest man of his day, Petworth was a vast country estate later sold by Tayloe’s heirs to developers in 1887.
Properties in Petworth
View our selection of available properties in the Petworth area.